Organic Evening Primrose Oil
Our raw organic Evening Primrose Oil is made from the finest quality raw, cold processed, organic fresh pressed evening primrose seeds available.
Suggested Evening Primrose Oil Uses
Raw Evening Primrose Oil is used as an anti-inflammatory and also in small quantities - such as a teaspoon - as a daily supplement for women .
ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Raw, cold processed, organic, fresh pressed evening primrose seeds: 100% organic, unrefined, free of trans fats.
Rejuvenative Foods Processing Approach
Rejuvenative Foods is proud to let temperature be our guideline in order to retain nutritional vitality
- Pure raw oil temp never exceeds 90º- 115°F resulting in minimal molecular change from the nut or seed.
- This raw oil exemplifies the most healthful options known regarding healthy fats and oils so you won’t be consuming hydrogenated or saturated fats or trans-fatty acids.
- This raw primrose oil is never refined, processed or added to in any way. Furthermore refrigeration and 6-month freshness dating means life energy in this organic oil is retained.
- We put fresh raw organic low temperature processed evening primrose seeds into our oil press, then immediately put the resulting oil into jars and refrigerate until ready to ship. Please note that most oil orders are pressed to order and require an extra 1-3 days processing time before shipping.
Evening Primrose Oil Health Benefits
- Primrose is a small yellow wildflower found in North America, Europe and parts of Asia, and has been used as a medicine for centuries.*
- The oil, pressed from the plant’s seeds, is rich in gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid that exerts anti-inflammatory and other healing actions. While GLA is available in small amounts in various foods, evening primrose oil boasts an unusually concentrated source. The body converts GLAs into prostaglandins, hormone-like compounds that help regulate various body functions.
- Experts say Evening Primrose Oil can help women alleviate symptoms of PMS. The GLA in Evening Primrose Oil interferes with the production of inflammatory prostaglandins that are released during menstruation, thereby lessening menstrual cramps. PMS sufferers often are found to have low levels of GLA in their bodies
- Evening Primrose Oil may also reduce premenstrual breast tenderness, carbohydrate cravings and irritable bowel flare-ups.
There are numerous other health benefits listed on our Primrose Oil benefits page.
Here are a few of the health benefits that many experts say Evening Primrose Oil can bring people:
- Lessen joint pain and reduce swelling caused by rheumatoid arthritis. The anti-inflammatory properties of Evening Primrose Oil may provide significant benefit to rheumatoid arthritis suffers.
- Nourish hair, scalp and nails. The essential fatty acids found in Evening Primrose Oil can prevent cracking of nails and improve their overall health. The oil is also thought to be useful for a number of different hair problems.
- Fight the effects of aging. As we age, we lose the ability to convert dietary fats into GLA. Evening Primrose Oil can help compensate for the loss of GLA.
- Reduce impotence and female infertility. The GLA in Evening Primrose Oil promotes blood flow, an important factor in treating male impotence. Evening Primrose Oil is also said by some to improve uterine function, and as a result may help women who are trying to conceive.
- Prevent and in some cases reverse diabetes-associated nerve damage. One year-long study showed that numbness, tingling and loss of sensation in patients with mild diabetic neuropathy were less marked in people who took Evening Primrose Oil than in those who took a placebo.
- Fight damage caused by multiple sclerosis. The essential fatty acids in Evening Primrose Oil may minimize inflammation caused by this progressive nerve disorder. Taken over time, the essential fatty acids may also help lead to healthy nerve development.
- Reduce the symptoms of eczema. Eczema, a condition of dry, irritated skin also known as dermatitis, may be alleviated by consuming extra GLA via Evening Primrose Oil.
(Health benefits adapted from wholehealthmd.com)
Superior quality! Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back! All Rejuvenative Foods are fresh and pure. Please enjoy within 6 months for best flavor.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.